Did you miss Steve VK7OO’s presentation on Slow Scan TV, Cams and Magnetic Loops?
It is now available on the REAST YouTube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya_-iSjuX5c
In summary Steve covered:
- Commencing SSTV back in 2007 with an SSTVCam
- What is needed to run an SSTV station and an SSTVCam
- What are the challenges of SSTVCams
- How much power do you need?
- What does 13 years of propagation look like?
- Steve’s favourite contact was with VK5HJS and best DX was FM5CD in Martinique.
- Working SSTV from the ISS is easy and Steve explained how.
- What antenna’s did he use overtime from a G5RV, Beveridge, EFHW and magnetic loop.
- Steve then went into his experiments with magnetic loops including building a VK5SFA 160/80m mag loop.
- Steve moved to using his VK5JST Pex-Aluminium-Pex (gas pipe) loop from the AR magazine published design.
- Steve summed up with SSTV in 2020 and took questions from the audience.
A huge thank you to Steve for the presentation.