Do you have an interest in electronics, radio or technology?
Come learn and have fun!
The Radio and Electronics Association of Southern Tasmania (REAST) will be holding a public open day on Sunday January 30th 2021 up at the top of the Queen’s Domain.
Amateur Radio (ham radio) is a popular hobby and service that brings people, electronics and communication together. People use ham radio to talk across town, around the world, or even into space, all without the Internet or cell phones.
It’s fun, social, educational, and can be a lifeline during times of need.
There will be lots going on in and around the REAST clubrooms and we will have lots of different activities for everyone!
Learn how to become a radio amateur – REAST runs regular courses up on the Queens Domain.
We’ll have displays from:
- Australian Ladies Amateur Radio Association Amateur Radio Contests
- Jamboree On The Air & Scouts Australia in Amateur Radio
- WICEN TAS South – Emergency / Portable Community Communications
- Microwave & Moonbounce
- ADSB/Aircraft Tracking
- Outdoor Summits and Silos on the Air
- Optical and Morse Code Communicators
- Digital Amateur Television
- Amateur Radio Training and Assessments
- Tasmanian Maritime Radio museum and operation
- Much more!
There will be many other general displays and interesting and fascinating things that amateurs get up to as well as a Sausage Sizzle (with onion!), coffee and cake available on the day.
Who could pass up an opportunity such as that!
Please share this event with your friends, family and anyone who would be interested in learning about all things electronic, technology or radio!
The day runs from 11:00am to 3:00pm up at the Queens Domain Clubrooms
See you there.
73, REAST Committee