Note: This article has been republished from VK7 Regional News
It was the biennial VK7 (Tasmanian) Hamfest last Saturday at Miena in the Central Highlands – no not a bovine festival but our central gathering of amateur radio enthusiasts.
We had over 150 people roll up to the Great Lake Community Centre which is a fantastic facility.
A huge thank you to:
- NBNCo (Lalla and Dylan VK7NZ) who bought up the Sky Muster truck and provided free WIFI for the event. They froze their butts off answering NBN questions outside – very brave!
Thank you to our traders:
- TET-Emtron (Mark and Kay) from VK6
- TTS-Systems (Dave, Claureen and Rusty) from VK3
- Moonraker (Danny)
- Stirling Heights Vineyard (Geoff & Jenny)
- Eastern Zone ARC with Connectors and Antennas (Nick VK3VFO) from VK3
- LD Antennas (Ken VK7DY)
We also had information stands from:
- ALARA (Linda VK7QP)
- SOTA (Reuben VK7FREU and Justin VK7TW)
- SDR (Scott VK7LXX)
- DStar (Clayton VK7ZCR)
And our preloved equipment stands:
- VK1CJ – John & Ronnie
- VK1AW – Andrew and Liz
- VK7WL – NTARC Team
We had attendees from VK1 (ACT), VK2 (NSW), VK3 (Vic), VK6 (WA) and VK7 (Tas) along with John K1JD from New Mexico who is a fellow SOTA enthusiast.
Linda VK7QP on the ALARA Stand let me know that ALARA has three new members and lots of ALARA merchandise was sold, so it was a really good day. I also understand that we have NBNCo Lalla very interested in doing the next Foundation Licence course as well.
A huge thank you to all our volunteers in the kitchen who again excelled and provided wonderful food the whole day.
A huge thank you to Dave VK7OB and his helpers for a huge day for a fantastic day out in the Central Highlands of Tasmania.
(73, Justin, VK7TW)